How can I compensate for my low scores and get the chance to get interviews?
I have low scores comparable to the scores of people who would match, how
can I compensate for my low scores and get the chance to get interviews?
It’s all about your chances and how to increase it and have a more attractive profile. Certain things like the scores can never be changed but we can work on other things that many people don’t know about.
· Clerkships: the more you do clerkships the better! Try doing it at different places as these hospitals might be the ones to get you an interview other than many LoRs.
· Research experience: join labs in their projects
· Publications: one of the most important things that would let your application stand out. Writing a chapter of a book with a professor would also do great.
· Starting residency at a hospital in your home country and then reapplying again to the match after you finish your first year.
· Passing Step 3 by the time you submit the application