Panic Attack One Week Before the Exam
Feel that the time is melting away and you are running out of time. You are not alone! Almost all students applying for a big exam like USMLEs share the same feeling with you. Do not procastinate as procrastination is the thief of time. Every time you delay a task to be done, will result in a moment of panic. Unfortunately, our bodies and minds cannot deal efficiently with panic mode and will lead to distortion of your thoughts and your decisions will become erratic.
Here are some tips to help you use your time well and stop procrastination:
1) Get rid of all distractions. A big list of distractions including your smart phone and all the social media apps and frequent social meetings and un-necessary travel or commute. Many students go to a coffee shop to study but they do not recognize that more than 30% of their time is wasted on socializing with other students who are at the coffee shop to study.
2) Create a to-do list. Create a study schedule and make sure to follow it as intended. Put in the schedule extra days for emergent things that come up.
3) Keep track of time. Easy, wear a watch. Put an alarm. Time yourself and assign deadlines.
4) Don't multitask! When you are studying try to have one thing in front of you. Do not place two books with a laptop and your notebook, that's too much for your brain to handle.
5) Counter your negative thoughts. You have to realize that you deserve to succeed and you have to be positive to get what you want. If your thoughts are negative, then negative is what you will get.
6) Don't wait till the last moment to ask for help! Don't wait till your exam is next week to ask about how you should study! Prepare ahead of time and make sure you know the ins and outs at the beginning of the process.
Time is brain in neurology, time is muscle in cardiology, time is score in USMLEs.
If you feel that you are confused or frustrated with USMLE exams and you need help or advice, do not hesitate to send us an email at email@example.com and we will be happy to guide you through the process.